Michael J. Mauris
Quality Systems Specialist
- Certified Quality Auditor (ASQ) #37907
- Certified Welding Inspector (AWS), #95070571 (With Bolting and Magnetic Particle Testing & Yoke Endorsements)
- Certified Welding Educator (AWS)
- Certified Journeyman Welder
- Certified Level II Dye Penetrate Inspector
- NDE Level II Magnetic Particle Inspector SNT TC-1A (Atema)
- NDE Level I Ultrasonic Inspection SNT TC- 1A (Atema)
- Certified OSHA Safety Trainer – General Industry (Former)
- OSHA 30 Hours, #24-601090831
- SSPC Bridge Coating Inspector Level II #47791
- AGA Certified Galvanizing Inspector
- ISO 9001:2015 Qualified Lead Auditor
- Four Year Journeyman Welder
- Mechanical Engineering Technology – LSSU
- Statistical Process Control
- American Welding Society
- American Society for Quality
- Society for Protective Coatings
Michael J. Mauris joined the organization as a Professional Quality Auditor with over 30 years of experience in structural steel and manufacturing industries. As the primary auditor for the MnDOT State bridge structural steel supplier program and the North Carolina Department of Transportation Elastomeric Bearing Pad Assessment Program, Mike evaluates bridge and component suppliers to an approved Quality Control Plan, state specifications, contract requirements, and specific industry codes. The most stringent of these codes is the AWS D1.5 and Fracture Critical requirements, in which Mike has over 10 years’ experience as a CWI and CWE. He is well versed in various DOT Specifications, including the states of Minnesota, North Carolina, New York/New Jersey and Michigan. This expertise was crucial in his inspection work for the Transportation Hub fabricated in Spain by a company who was instrumental in supplying materials to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for the New World Trade Center Complex in New York City.
His tenure includes visiting over 1000 firms in eight countries around the world as a quality systems compliance auditor. During his career, Mike has also served in numerous managerial positions, such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Shop Floor Supervisor, Corporate Safety Director, Assistant Plant Superintendent, and Trainer for Production and Safety Functions. He currently presides over the DOTQS Certification Body Program as the Director of Operations, overseeing administrative functions and performing audits for companies wishing to be ISO 9001 and ISO 3834 certified.
Mike’s expertise was recognized by being invited to serve on a national specification committee (AISC & SSPC Joint Committee) for the purpose of generating criteria for the structural industry, which in turn is used for facility Certification purposes. Mike sits on various AWS Subcommittees, including acting as Chairman for the AWS CCF – Subcommittee on Auditing of AWS ATF and CWF Facilities.